Friday, June 1, 2012

Lily Pad Novelty Print

Yesterday, my dear friend Faith & I took a little trip to her work, Le Pichet.

Love, love, love this place. 

Phenomenal French food, no Americanized nonsense. Mmmmmmm.

Plus: There's this....


Ahem, anyways...


To state the obvious: I love this dress.
Novelty print lily pads, my favorite '40s neckline, and a giant bow. 


Gives me goosebumps!!


Giant green apple bakelite earrings!


I've been having a long term love affair with this silk velvet '30s coat.
I've mended it a hilarious number of times, and it is literally turning to dust. But I will love it until the bitter end. Luckily, this coyote collar covers a large hole, but that will be our little secret.

After Le Piche, I met some friends up at a vegan bar.... 
Just in the nick of time, I remembered to hide the fur.


Here's Laurel & Jaynie, aren't they pretty? Love these girls!
1940s dress: gift from the talented Lauren Olson
1940s heels: Lucky Vintage 
1940s bakelite earrings: Lucky Vintage
Coyote fur collar: Lucky Vintage
1930s coat: Antique store

3 comments:

  1. Guh! This dress it simply too much!!

    I can't wait to see you in a little over a week! We're going to have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's going to be *somuchfun*, definitely excited.

    ...i already decided i am going to wear THE jumpsuit. it's no surprise, but ya'll really, *reallyy* need to see it in person. i mean, showing off is fun and all, but it's more a matter of you seeing this slice of history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! You look great in that dress! Nice style!!!
    Love the black & white photos! :)

    ReplyDelete