Monday, July 9, 2012

Oh, It's Such a Perfect Day

On Saturday, I had the honor of attending the wedding of Lucky Vintage owner, Caryn Cook.
All five Lucky employees, some presents, & my crutches piled into a Honda Civic, and cramped hilarity ensued.

The wedding took place in the shady oasis of her friends' backyard.
The ceremony was incredibly sweet, with paper lanterns, jewel tones & (my favorite part) a cello-guitar ensemble playing Nick Cave & Lou Reed covers.



 Caryn looked absolutely stunning. That dress! The colors! Her obvious glee!


First dance - so, so lovely.

  

I wish I had gotten more pictures of the ceremony, but I was... stuck in my chair.

Danitza & I - cheers to the happy couple!!!


Accidental matching = the best kind of matching.



Paul is such a cutie... and that is definitely a '50s womens work jumpsuit
Reason #1,002 Paul is the best dressed man I know.


Anna's incredible '30s bakelite dress clip (worn as a pendant)


And LOOK at these sleeves!

I got this '30s dress at Red Light a year or so ago, but it's certifiably at least 8" too big for me in the waist, so I finally talked some sense into myself & sold it to Lucky. It's gigantic on Anna too, but with a belt she is working it! I still miss it.... I mean.... those sleeves! Ahhh!


 Oh-so-good novelty print on Caryn's friends '40s dress. Ropes + pretzels!

 
Awkward stance, meet '40s New York Creations tilt hat. Mmm, yes please.


After the wedding, we all took a trek up to Darrell's in Shoreline.

Darrell's is badass. It's been around a long, long time, but is now under new ownership. This place hasn't been remodeled at all since the late '60s - early '70s. The new owner hasn't changed a thing, and it's now a great venue for local (mostly rockabilly?) bands. I say that with a question mark, for I've only been there twice. The first time, there was a lineup of rockabilly bands. Saturday, there was a great '60s cover band, The Moon Spinners. This place is the perfect divey blend of regulars (read: old men) & a friendly younger crowd.

Babequake with a tambourine!


Not ironic!


Drink up!

 
Ready for a Honeymoon, Hawaiians in full force!


Congratulations, David & Caryn!!

Cute overload.

Outfits:
Since there were six Lucky Bitches in one place, there's an unsurprising amount of product from Lucky Vintage in this post! So here we go: My 1940s rayon wrap dress, Danitza's early 1950s lace dress & her 1950s hat, Anna's 1930s-40s dress (via Red Light) & 1930s bakelite dress clip... There is probably more! But those I was certain of;) Three cheers for the best dang vintage store in town!

1 comment:

  1. Oh it looks like such a lovely time! And everyone looks absolutely fabulous! Including yourself, missy! I know that cast wouldn't keep you from looking amazing!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete