Thursday, August 9, 2012

Heart & Soul

First off. 
Check out my new blog header! Supposedly I'm a real blogger now! (Ok, so give me a bit more time with that statement.) My pal Irene Wang did it, she is the best. Not only has she been taking outfit posts for me lately & making me smile with her never-ending enthusiasm, but she is also a talented graphic designer.
I mean really, look for yourself.

Spoiler! Look forward to an upcoming post starring Irene! She is going to share some of her favorite vintage wardrobe items, and I get to take the photos for once! But that is in the works <3

Irene & I are getting together today to take some pics, and I'm doing it without a cast! After more than a month of being broken.... and bummed about it.... I'm back in full careful force. (Thank god.)

.........

I was definitely wearing this outfit when I broke my foot.
No one will ever again see this outfit in this form. I kept resisting hemming these pants, because they don't drag on the ground if I wear my tallest platforms. Yeah.... I'm way too clumsy for this combination. Sad.


Even if they were my undoing, I love these pants! My friend at Red Light texted me & said she put some pants on hold for me.... and all I could think was, "Wait, pants? Really?" When I showed up, and it all became crystal clear.





Pretty lace, prettier bakelite heart.




I had to take off my scarf to show you all the novelty print, it's too good!


This is essentially a story in three parts - waiting for the train, the train coming, and the aftermath.
Every time I inspect it, I notice something new.

This is my favorite sequence:


Hahaha, so awesome.


Who knows what my scarf is doing. Consider this an anti-tutorial in tying a turban. *Shrug*

Trousers - Red Light (by Spiegel)
Bakelite pin, 1940s clutch, 1930s scarf, 1950s blouse: Lucky Vintage

All photos courtesy of Irene Wang (of Heirloom Attire)



22 comments:

  1. First off... THOSE PANTS!!! OMG!!! I just...there are no words!

    Secondly, that scarf is insane!

    I hope to see you at the gingham party on Saturday! :D

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pants! I can only imagine the absolute catastrophe that would ensue if I ever tried to wear something that long! I'm jealous though, because they are awesome. And that scarf is simply amazing. That sequence is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I don't even have to imagine the catastrophe, I got to experience it:/ Wah waahhh.

      Delete
  3. Those pants... that scarf... AMAZING! What kind of red lipstick do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MAC Russian Red - such a classic, and for a reason!

      Delete
    2. Interesting... I wouldn't have thought so. Russian Red looks SO dark on me, but it looks gorgeous on everyone else! -huff-

      Delete
    3. It comes across so much more orange in these photos! but if you are looking for a more burnt orange hue, i'm a big fan of MAC's chili!

      Delete
  4. Bonjour

    J'adore ton pantalon. J'avoue ne pas tout comprendre de ce que tu écris même avec la traduction google mais ce n'est pas grave. J'aime bien ton blog.

    A bientôt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. google translator gave me an awkward idea what you said <3 thank you & stay tuned! love from seattle!!

      Delete
  5. I LOVE the cute little touch that heart broche gives your outfit. I've got to get me some more of those! Your style is very retro and cool.
    Nicely done lady!
    Trish

    www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, local lady!! Thank you, and I added your blog to my list - looks like there's some yumminess involved:)

      Delete
    2. Also... jelly bones, is that a Unicorns reference I see? Hell yeah.

      Delete
    3. oh YES! Totally copied the Unicorns song. One of my fave bands all the way. Thanks so much for the bloglove! Looking forward to following you and your fab outfits. :)
      Trish

      www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh, these pants are AMAZING!
    You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Also... I thought you'd appreciate this - there are some Adrian pieces sitting in my room (closet) right now! While they are not mine, and I need to do etsy write ups for them.... they both fit me, and might need to be photographed first;) Swoon!

      Delete
  7. WOWEE~~~ gorgeous!!! Your tattoo is amazing, too! Is it a Beardsley?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's Klimt's Nuda Veritas (sketch, not painting)... but my oh my do I *love* me some Beardsley <3

      Delete
  8. Hello! I've just discovered your blog. I fell in love with your pants.hahaha and the scarf is very funny,lovely as a bandana too:)

    Love,
    Lorena Be-Bop
    http://beboplashes.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg, truly, these are the best pants i've ever seen ...

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this outfit! Again--you are so lucky! Pants?! Damn you! Another why-can't-I-find-some-of-my-own item! That scarf is hilarious though, I just love it. And the blouse is lovely--& that's something I have a similar version of, but in pink! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A day late and a dollar short, you are just the absolute cutest!

    ReplyDelete