Monday, September 24, 2012

Fresh Plans & Crisp Coats

Hello to all my lovely followers!

Well, it's officially Fall! Huzzah! I'm feeling great & am super looking forward to some life changes coming up here. I've been seeing a lot of "Autumn goals" posts on other people's blogs, and it really got me thinking about what my own goals are.

Honestly, I've been feeling a bit lazy, uninspired, and just... stagnant lately. I really needed a big slap in the face, but sometimes it's hard to muster motivation. Especially when I'm feeling a bit low. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way sometimes. What do you all do to snap yourself out of a funk? I needed a big change. So here's what I'm doing - working more (because I'm certifiably insane), and moving into a new place!

I don't get to move in til the end of October, but I'm really looking forward to it. I'll have a roommate again! I'll live a little "further out" if you will, but the rent will be much, much cheaper & I'm hoping it'll force me to stay at home a little more often. This is what I want: finish more projects (even if it's just mending!), read more books, be more proactive about saving money. I can do this! What are your guys' Fall goals?

Anyways, enough of my rambling. Onto what you are actually here for;)


This is a pretty standard "everyday" outfit for me, and I've been wearing this coat a lot lately.
It's just the perfect it's-slightly-chilly-but-not-really coat. And I absolutely adore the tailoring of the shoulders. It creates the perfect strong '40s shoulders, no shoulder pads necessary!


Those bows are actually shoe clips, not dress clips. The canvas WWII-era shoes they came on finally encountered their true death. I literally danced them to the ground. As in, they crumbled on a dance floor... but at least they went out with a bang! (Although... that was not a fun walk home.) In any case, I wanted to find a new use for these lil bows. I'm into it.

Want to see the best part about this coat?


TAH DUUUH - THE LINING!!
Chartreuse rayon, with horses, roosters, doves & trees.
(Novelty print nerd alert.)


I have a hunch the coat originally had a matching dress, made of the same material as the lining. I bet it was a devastating set. A girl can only dream.


I've been wearing this hat a lot lately as well. The front is covered in wool curls & it seems to effortlessly pair well with everything. It's striking, and yet totally low-maintenance.

Last but not least, I wanted to share some recent photo booth pictures with ya'll. They were taken on a later date, but they are wonderful. I wish I always looked like this...yikes!


Welp, that's all for today! I hope you all are doing well & feeling fabulous!

1940s coat: Le Frock
1940s hat, 1930s necklaces, fox fur: antique stores
1940s purse: Red Light

All photos (excluding the last ones, of course) courtesy of Irene Wang (of Heirloom Attire)

4 comments:

  1. ooooooh that coat is purrrrrty!
    LOVE those little black ribbon button things near the shoulders.
    Looking good pretty lady!
    I was actually super excited for fall, until I got up for work this morning and it was dark. Like, pitch black dark out. Anyways.. Curl up with some cider and a good book and you'll be feeling it soon.
    Trish

    www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yeah it was already dark when i got off job #1! When did this happen? It totally snuck up on me!

      Delete
  2. How terrifically elegant, pretty, feminine, and perfectly well suited to autumn (which I'm also elated is here again). That coat is pure perfection!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. J'adore......trop beau le manteau.

    ReplyDelete