Friday, September 14, 2012

Victorian Revivals

Hello lovelies! Outfit time!
Basically, going for a 1930s Victorian Revival look here - I blame the cameo necklace.

I suppose this is mostly a 1930s ensemble - dress, bakelite, monkey muff. Then again, perhaps some of the bangles are '40s. And the bra. And the shoes are probably Edwardian. In any case... mainly 1930s.

I usually wear this out at night, but for once I happened to be wearing it before nightfall, woohoo! It's not even that I think it's too dressy for day wear.... because I'm often overdressed. But I'll be overdressed while like, scrounging around the floor at work/home (for whatever reason). So maxis aren't exactly a go-to, ya know?


Oh yeah, and this dress gives me even more curves.



Sometimes it's funny seeing myself in pictures, it gives me a different perspective of how I actually look... Like right now I'm thinking HOLY CRAP, that is such a pointy bra! (And now it's my favorite, lol.)


Good grief, I need to dye my hair sooo bad, but keep putting it off. Too busy, with a splash of laziness.


'30s Victorian Revival celluloid & bakelite cameo necklace = <3!


Any guesses on how old these boots are? I'm holding out a broad umbrella of "Edwardian"... but obviously this isn't my area of expertise! Regardless, these are extra comfy & a complete classic.


Bird bangle! *Squee!*


Last but not least, a little monkey fur action. I looove monkey fur. If I could just creepily drape myself in it, a la Gloria Swanson, I totally would. More realistically - yet still ridiculously - I just have this muff & a matching cape. You'll meet my cape eventually, I'm sure.

Okie dokie, that's enough for one day, I hope you all have an extra fabulous weekend!

xox

1930s lace gown: Lucky Vintage
Boots, bakelite bangles & necklace: Antique Stores
Monkey muff & bakelite earrings: Red Light
Black bangle: Rhinestone Rosie

All photos courtesy of Irene Wang (of Heirloom Attire)

7 comments:

  1. Man, oh man, that is one awesome ensemble! The dress is totally divine and I'm in love with the bra back. Is it a single hook closure? You look smashing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yeah, single hook, with a funny eyelet. Love it!

      Delete
  2. Awe-inspiringly gorgeous look! I'm smitten with the idea of pairing alluring, romantic black lace with classic 30/40s bangles. Amazing outfit through and through!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, gorgeous! Everything is so gorgeous especially you! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this dress is a stunner! you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete