Wednesday, December 19, 2012

1943 Army & Navy Humor


 I picked up this gem publication the other day - The Scrapbook of Army - Navy Humor (1943)

Chock full of not-so-funny jokes, '40s babes, slight homoeroticism (*ahem*, see cover) & old timey WWII racism. I ignored the last bit, and scanned some snippets for your viewing pleasure.




And...


Duh, there is a centerfold.



My favorite...


A gal can dream;)



I hope all ya'll are doing fabulous... I've been oh-so-busy at my new job. Who knew setting up a vintage store was so time consuming? I can't wait to share what all the hard work's been about, it's getting painfully close!

What happens after steaming clothes for hours & hours... exhaustion.


xox

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the much needed late night grin. These cartoons are certainly a fun glimpse at the lighter side of military life (and let's face it, there really wasn't much that was "light" about it even at the "best" of times during WW2). Thank you for sharing them with us.

    Happiest holiday wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete