Thursday, December 27, 2012

Gal Pals, 1944

I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas! I certainly did, such a lucky gal. I had the pleasure of hanging out at my grandmother's place, eating an absurd amount of food, opening some lovely goodies (both old & new), and gaining access to an insane amount of family photos. Seriously guys, an entire trunk full. I about died. 


I'm still in the process of scanning these all, but let me just say - my family is full of some very fascinating and handsome folks. I can't wait to share! I've scanned hundreds already, but still have quite a few to get through. And then there is organizing... That's going to be an endeavor. But worth it, obviously.

Anywho, I digress from what I'd like to share today. Those of you who follow me may remember my post sharing the 1940s artwork of my very talented grandmother, Dorothy. Several months later, I got a message from a classmate of my grandma's, Sylvia Berge (nee Livingston). Umm, wow?! My grandma & her got back in touch - after 60 something years! Sylvia was sweet enough to send us some photos of a trip they took with some friends to Sleepy Eye, Minnesota, in 1944. I believe this is where their friend Jeannie Hauser was from.

I can't handle how adorable these gals are, and it's such an extreme honor to have copies of these!


My grandma is on the far right <3




And this is Sylvia - adore her suit, of course. I wonder what color it was...



Oh hey, bombshell. I don't know her real name, but grandma says they called her "Blondie". Omg.


And then there's some sleepover shenanigans..





Love this! Ahaha.


Ummm.... are they all wearing aprons here? Cute overload!

A giant thank you to Sylvia for sending these our way. I mean, my grandma hadn't seen these in 68 years. Crazy! It made our whole family super happy. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I hope your holidays were festive and fun, and Happy Soon-to-be New Year!

xo Sara

5 comments:

  1. What a truly incredible gift. I'm very passionate about genealogy and only imagine what an amazing feeling it must have been to be presented with a truck full of family images. Such timeless, invaluable treasures - thank you very much for sharing some of them with us.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you're so sweet Jessica! I want to see some of your family treasures too!
      <3 sara

      Delete
  2. Visit the link below to get a lovely surprise!
    http://eviestearoom.blogspot.com/2012/12/very-inspiring-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are gorgeous! I got to see some pictures of my great-grandparents from the 40s over christmas break. newfangledvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love old photos! Especially ones of our oldie but goodie loved ones. Some of my fave moments are spent listening to my grandmother talk about her life. The sleepover pics are awesome!
    Trish

    www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete