Sunday, January 13, 2013

Fur & Feathers

Hello darlings! I just returned from Portland (as in, I literally just got home), and wanted to share some shots from this weekends happenings. Ya'll have probably already seen these, as Solanah of Vixen Vintage & Janey of Atomic Redhead have beat me to the punch.... but you know what? I'm gonna share them anyways! Who knows, maybe there are actually people out there who follow me and not them..... ok, yeah right, hahaha. 

In any case! This weekend I attended the 2nd annual Fur & Feathers Luncheon, held by the oh-so-wonderful Julie of Fab Gabs Vintage. I attended last year as well, but at the time, I hadn't started this blog yet. 

Warning: This post contains a LOT of fur, obviously. 
 If you have a problem with vintage fur, I wouldn't recommend reading this one. Any negative comments will never be posted. I have very strong personal beliefs about vintage fur vs. new fur, as well as buying contemporary products in the first place! So we aren't going there, for my uh, claws, will come out;)

I had a frantic whatwilliwearfirstworldproblems meltdown - in which I almost ruined a '40s hat with an uh-mazing feather trying to pack it - and I just said the hell with it. I kept it simple, and brought along my new fox friend. I picked this little guy up when I visited Denver for Thanksgiving. I've always wanted one of these dudes, but have been intimidated by their price tags. So he was super cheap, but also a bit shabby. He has one eye, and is missing a paw. Life's hard, ya know?

I named him Tod, after a childhood favorite, The Fox & the Hound <3



Winking? Sure.


It was a dark in the restaurant, and we were all preoccupied chatting, so I didn't get too many shots inside. I already had the pleasure of knowing some of the ladies in attendance, plus I got to meet the acquaintance of some (crazy awesome) new gals. So much fun.

Oh, and Julie's boyfriend came too! Awash in a sea of vintage-loving women, with his beautiful lady at his side, Jesse probably had the best day of any of us;) Aren't they adorable?!

 

Janey, Candice, Angelica & Jennifer, of Jumbelaya Vintage

Julie & Sarah of Stutterin Mama Vintage in devastatingly beautiful hats. 
(As we all simultaneously swoon to death.)










Pictures can do no justice to the mind-blowing brilliance that is Jennifer's skirt. 
Most of the pictures didn't even come out due to the gleam!




I've always theoretically wanted to get my monkey cape cleaned and glossed, but have never wanted to pay for it... Until I felt Julie's monkey coat. It feels like a completely different animal than mine! It's so silky & light, I must save up and do this! Holy moly!

At this point I must apologize, I completely - & sincerely accidentally! - forgot to get pics of a few people (and Jesse's raccoon coat)! I'm so sorry if you weren't included here, you all looked sooo freaking amazing. Mega fail on my part.

xox

-Outfit-
1940s faille suit & 1940s beaded purse: Lucky Vintage
Fox: antique store
1930s necklace: Leann at Static Vintage, SF
1940s New York Creation hat: bought off the lovely Courtney Nelson
1940s platforms: Etsy. $10!! Sorry, I'll never stop bragging about that one, teehee.

17 comments:

  1. The more coverage the better!

    I love that you got some group shots, because the rest of us sure didn't!

    I can't wait to see you again!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you made it down, it was so delightful visiting with you! I do hope you'll make it down in February. You're welcome to stay an overnight, after which I'll send you home with the most atrocious (and well earned) classic cocktail hangover... thanks for the pic of Jesse and I. We never get photos together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warning: I'll probably take you up on that - and the swing lesson offer! You're right, it's no fun hanging out on the sidelines. And of course, you guys are too freaking cute not to get a good pic of.

      Delete
  3. I've literally just come from looking at the pictures on Vixen Vintage but I must just also say that your fox fur is absolutely fantastic! Major fox fur envy happening for me right now x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to have found you, and to see candids of my beautiful friend Jennifer, dressed in vintage peacock splendor. You and your cohorts all look absolutely wonderful. So wish I could have been part of the fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found me too! Jennifer is lovely, and I still can't wrap my head around that skirt! UUGHHH, too good!

      <3 Sara

      Delete
  5. You all look stunning!!!!
    What a pity that this kind of meeting doesn't exist near home... even to find somebody who wear vintage is hard in France, but most of people are quite disgusted with vintage fur, they think they are full of bugs with uggly feet and eyes.... I LOVE THEM!!!!

    http://lostin1950.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bugs? Haha nooo. Maybe an odd smell though... especially if it's raining;)

      <3 Sara

      Delete
  6. Sweet jesus, why can I not have fabulous friends like you? You ladies all look smashing! I found you via Janey and am thrilled to add another vintage blogger to my reading list.

    Cheers!
    Rebecca Jean
    Midnight Maniac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you found me! I have some pretty fabulous friends here in Seattle, many of whom are vintage lovers, but I still have to travel 3 hrs south to come to actual events like this. Worth the trip!

      <3 Sara

      Delete
  7. Your fox fur stole is so wonderful! I think it's great to see you ladies (and gent!) giving these beautiful vintage furs another life and not letting them be wasted and discarded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darlin! That's how I feel about it too:)

      <3 Sara

      Delete
  8. I've seen the pics from some of the other blogger meet-up ladies - and I must say you all look fabulous!

    I've got to find me some vintage-loving friends on this side of the pond who are happy to vintage up and hit the streets with me! (obvs not Pretty Woman-style!) ;)

    www.mancunianvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello right back to you, ravishingly stylish lady! My goodness gracious you look so fantastically lovely, chic and gorgeous! (And your fox is completely adorable, I should add - lest he/she feels left out.) Thank you for taking us along on a photographic journey of this awesome event - I sure wish I could have been there, too. Who knows, perhaps one year!


    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh DEAD TOD! ha! I used to adore that movie.
    Look at you lovely lovely ladies! Gorgeous gals, just gorgeous.
    Trish

    www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like it was amazing fun and quite the site to see!

    ReplyDelete