Saturday, February 2, 2013

Sweater Girl

Where did January go? So confused.
But you know what?! I'm crazy excited for February!
 
The last two months have been rough, I simply haven't been working enough. It's not just a matter of bills, it's a matter of happiness. I basically don't know what to do with myself when I'm not working at least full time (ideally more). Most people I know get stressed out when they are overworked, but for me it's the opposite. I love 15 hour double days, I love weird strings of weeks where I don't have days off, I love running on coffee alone. Having nothing to do just makes me feel.... anxious. Really, really anxious. Am I the only one this happens to?
 
So let me do a victory dance here. I officially have only 1 day off this month. 
YESS. So much uncontainable glee, it's laughably absurd. So if any of you are locals, come visit me at B&O's new location in Ballard! We open on Valentine's Day, and I know everybody's been missing that cake.
 
In the "apparently I'm always at work" vein, here's some pictures taken the other day, when the lovely Irene Wang visited me at Lucky. It was so good to see her; she's been super busy over the past few months, being a real grown up and buying a new house! (Congrats again!!)



This sweater is probably my favorite thing right now, I've basically been living in it. I really need to make a pattern from it, and reproduce it in every color imaginable. I haven't made a pattern in years, so it would be both a pleasure & a challenge.







Warm wishes, always!
xox Sara

1940s dress: Lucky Vintage
1940s shoes: Red Light
1940s bakelite pins: Grandma!
1930s-40s sweater: Lucky Dry Goods

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet look! I need a sweater like that so baaaad ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are by no means the only one who feels this way! I love to work, to keep busy, to always have multiple irons in the fire, to perpetually have a long list of things I want to get done. I too get itchy (so to speak) if my hours are not filled to my satisfaction, and completely understand where you're coming from.

    Wonderful outfit! I love all the sweet details at/around the collar. You have such a marvelous eye for accessorizing and colour pairing, dear lady.

    Wishing you a stellar February!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lace collar on your dress! I also would like to award you a Liebster blog award: http://lovebirdsvintage.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww.. it looks like someone else beat me to it. I also tagged you for a Liebster Award. You can find the questions at
    http://www.redheadruby.com/2013/02/my-very-first-blog-award.html


    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your outfit! All the details like the collar and brooch and such are so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete