Friday, April 26, 2013

The Greatest of the Greats

Lately, I've been battling the organizational disaster that is scanning 1,000+ family photos, trying to wade through them, figure out who everyone is, and somehow match them up with other photos from the same people or day. Holy moly, it's been a process. But here's what I know so far: my family is fun to dig into. (Even the uh-oh sides.)

My great-grandfather had 5 sisters. That's a lot of ladies in one household, and boy oh boy were they awesome. And seemed to travel in a pack. So for your viewing pleasure, here's a collection of my 5 great-great aunts (is that the correct term?) and their friends. I would've loved to hang in this crowd, they seemed to be having a grand ol time. 








And here's when things get reaaally good..






Last but not least, whatever was happening on this day: I wish I was there.




It's no wonder I adore these women. I mean, really. Not only are their giggles infectious 85 years later, but damn... those Steen women were badass. Proud to be related.

xox Sara

7 comments:

  1. There is a South Haven in Michigan on the coast of Lake Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah ha! Thanks! That makes some sense- these gals grew up in Wisconsin (although I need to ask my grandma where exactly!) must've been a trip!!

      xo Sara

      Delete
  2. WOW! These are TERRIFIC!!!! They look like a real fun bunch of very close women. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are so immensely lovely and special - your great aunts look like were awesome young ladies, and they remind me a fair bit of what I imagine my grandma and her sisters (there was eight girls and one boy, amongst which my grandma was the very youngest, in her family) looked like, too, in the 30s and 40s.

    You are doing a truly tremendous thing by preserving and cataloging this huge volume of family photographs, and I'm sure future generations to come will be so thankful for all of your hard work.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the fun that these photos exude, and what a fabulous bunch of Women to be related to! x

    Ps. You won my Sew For Victory Giveaway! If you email me at:
    thebutterflybalcony@hotmail.co.uk
    with your address, I will set it on its way to you a soon as I can :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing! The thought of scanning/organizing 1,000 of them makes my head spin....but it will be so worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please... I love them!!

    ♥ Helena Drive

    ReplyDelete