Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Landscape is Changing

Why, helloooo!

Somebody's been a busy little bee, I accidentally went missing for a hot minute there. The last few weeks have been funny. I mean, in a good way, but life changes galore. (Job swap! New boyfriend! Oh good god, not used to that word it's still freaking me out. Blah blah blah.) Things have been settling in more now though, thank god. Jaynie and I finally got back in our 'Sunday Friend Day' routine to do a bit of antiquing, drink cocktails, and take some outfit pics while we were at it.


I recently fell back in love with this New York Creations 40s hat. The tag calls it a "Year Rounder", which is completely appropriate & adorable. It may be wool, but it's small enough I can still wear it in the heart of summer... Unlike a huge chunk of my wardrobe. I've been living in rayon jersey lately, it's like wearing a giant tshirt dress.


I got these 40s wedges in November... the first time I wore them, the suede tore down the front. Such a giant bummer. I finally took them to the cobbler & although they have a scar now, I'm thrilled they are in my life again. 


I hope ya'll are doing swell!
If you are ever thinking "where did she go?", be sure to check out my instagram, @lilies_remains. Even if I'm being a bad blogger, I'll still be instanerdingout.

xox
Sara

15 comments:

  1. What a lovely dress!!!
    Love all those colors.
    I'm also a bad blogger lately... but as I have no IPhone, I'm not on instagram....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh but your blog posts are always worth a wait;)

      Delete
  2. oh I love the 'scars' on vintage! great dress and super fun hat. yay for new boyfriend hope he wears vintage? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No vintage... but very, very well dressed;) Gotta love a handsome man in a suit!

      Delete
  3. Gosh, I just love your outfit. You are so inspirational. You have a great nack for capturing the 40's and I really look forward to seeing what you come up with. Those shoes are incredible! I wish there were some in my size. I'd snap them up in a heart beat. I have this great pair of blue leather shoes that I can't wear right now because the strap is on the verge of breaking. I must take these to a cobbler. But, it's so hard to find a good one around where I live. What a great novelty print dress you are wearing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, Joanna, that means a lot - especially coming from such a well dressed gal.

      Definitely take the shoe in before it breaks, it's usually easier for them to fix (and cheaper!) I am completely kicking myself, for I took in a giant bag of sad shoes on friday.... but I really meant to do a shoe care post, and do before/after pictures and such. (As well as conditioner & polish care) It's amazing what a bit of TLC & a good cobbler can do for the oldies! At some point in the future, I suppose:)

      Delete
  4. Oh, what a fantastic dress! And I think those wedges are divine... shame about the rip! I think they're crying out for shoe clips ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! That is a great idea! Added to the 'hunting for' list...

      Delete
  5. Eek, you really have the best collection of patterned '40s frocks!! I love the print on this one! The "year rounder" label is truly adorable.

    I've been a really deadbeat blogger of late too, and I'm not even that busy, ha! I just completely forget I have a blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything about this dress and outfit is stylish, gorgeous delight! I swear, I can see how immensely happy you are these days, honey, through all of your Instagram and blog photos and it is so awesome to know there's oodles of things making you smile. Three big cheers for your new BF, dinners with friends, and incredible 1940s ensembles like this stunner!!!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ack, to live in rayon jersey! Your outfits posts are inspiring me to try for slimming down again. Oh, and all you need are some killer shoe clips and that scar will be yesterday's news!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS! Love the colors you have going on here. Congrats on all the new life changes!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! Love how you've drawn out the green in the dress with the bracelets! And I totally agree that your hat is definitely appropriate in all seasons :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good God, your dress is simply amazing! I loooooooove it!!!! Plus the hat! I am totally digging this whole ensemble (as I'm sure your new boyfriend is too...oooooh *you have a boyfriend, you have a boyfriend*!) :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. what exciting news!!!! i remember when we met in july, you were talking about having 'no' boyfriend. wow, and you look so happy since this handsome guy appeared on instagramm. beautiful. :)
    ... so many lovely pictures and outfits on instagramm.
    i go on with trying to organize our sublet, now. it's more like camping than living. phew.

    ReplyDelete