Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all you lovely folks out there!
Hope your holiday is full of friends, family, and cheer.
I completely failed at taking my own pictures, but I still wanted to share *something* today - here are some family photos from 1955. The "pictures" themselves aren't exactly what I love about these - it's the color quality, the clothes, and the crazy 50s prints. It's a peek into everyday life, not movie star publicity shots.


Uh... so that side of the family likes guns. (Seriously, there are guns-for-kids in 5/8 of those, lol.)
But: penny loafers, saddle shoes, cotton prints, wool, denim, flannel, that wallpaper, the furniture! 
Yessss. 

P.S. My grandmother is the gal in the blue dress, isn't she cute?

Have a very happy New Year! See ya'll in 2014!

xox
Sara

5 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you as well! Fabulous photos. Thanks for sharing! I need the wagon wheel / cactus pajamas in the first photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue dress is lovely!...and that wallpaper is quite wild :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so very marvelous! I love old photos in general, but profess an especially big fondness for those that relate to the holidays (and holiday the whole year through). Perhaps because my own dear mom usually shot a few rolls of film each year when I was growing up and so I can't help but associate photos with the holiday season. Thank you for sharing these priceless treasures from your family's photo albums with us, honey.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy new year, my dear!!!

    love to see all the details in your family pictures ... fabulous! your granny's dress is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! these pickies are a treasure trove of 50's prints. I don't know what I'm loving more the pattern on the clothes, the couch or the wallpaper. My favourite clothes have to be the boys western pj's and the teen girl's novelty print dress. Thanks for sharing, Shauna

    ReplyDelete