Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pioneer Square, Prints & Peplums

I think sometimes I subconsciously avoid posting my favorite clothes on here. Some kind of vague worry "pictures won't do it justice" and "not wanting to waste it." I guess?
In any case, this is one of those dresses.

Of course this dress would be one of my favorites. Cutouts? Check. Crazy print? Check. 
But the back is the kicker - trailing peplum & sashes at the shoulders... Check & check.
Mmm, unsigned Miriam Haskell.

Ha, I still don't think pictures do it justice (even though Jaynie takes beautiful pictures!)

xox
Sara

1940s dress & heels: Lucky Dry Goods
Ca. 1940 Haskell dress clip: Red Light

All photos courtesy of Jaynie Healy

12 comments:

  1. That's a really lovely dress indeed, this colour suits you a lot! I love your shoes as well <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks smashing...but I know what you mean about outfits not always appearing as amazing as they do in real life. The colours and pattern of the fabric are swoon worthy and I'm loving the cut and deatiling. Fabulous as always! xx Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dress! It's such a gorgeous color. I can see why it's one of your favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS! That's all I have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely dress, such great details and colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. another dress with a bright and beautiful colour ... where has all the black gone? wow, this dress is perfect - if it's even better in real life i can't tell how beautiful it is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a back!!!!! I also love the bright colors... Weather seems to be really night in Seattle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a truly amazing and gorgeous dress and you are right, the back is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing dress! I am very much into peplums right now, but that trailing peplum is something else. And as always you look gorgeous wearing it. And what an intriguing brooch too. Love the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunner dress! You look absolutely lovely! X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow there's a lot going on in that dress, I don't know which bit of it to look at! Such a fab colour on you, must feel fabulous to wear x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous!!! I love the back!!!!
    ~xoxo

    ReplyDelete