Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Gab & Denim

Here's a shocker: jeans. I've been wearing the hell out of some pants lately. 
Chartreuse rayon gab, perfect pockets. They only attached at the top, so they are pouches. 
Bakelite & leather buttons, chain stitch embroidery. Yummm.

As Jaynie & I were taking these pictures, some red-faced middle aged man, who was in a car with his teenage son, hollered "hey, smile!" at us. You know, the usual catchphrase of creeps & morons on the go. But then he got stuck at the stoplight, and had to sit there uncomfortably, as we stared at him. I can only assume what faces we were making. He muttered something like "Well come on... I mean I was just... saying..." to his son. We burst into laughter once he drove away, and I basically giggled my way through these pictures. 

Hope ya'll are doing swell.

xox
Sara


40s blouse & 80s jeans: Lucky Vintage
40s scarf: who knows
40s (WWII era) wood necklace: flea market
40s souvenir jacket & 50s purse: Red Light
Platforms: Audley, from Edie's Shoes

All photos courtesy of Jaynie Healy

16 comments:

  1. Love this. Always am trying to find ways to make my jeans outfits more vintage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! That jacket is fantastic!!! I have been on the hunt for the right Mexican souvenir jacket forever! Always too damn small :( One day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect jean inspiration! I love my Freddies, and discovering new ways to style them is always a bonus. I think I'll have to try them with my Pendleton next... :D ♡

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit, I love the jacket and shoes. Sounds like the creep was nicely handled by you both as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look on you! I am totally jealous of your jacket, as I have been looking for one for aaaaaages, but the ones I find are always made of wool, and suuuuper scratchy (I HATE itchy materials, so I know I wouldn't end up wearing it). This rayon gab blend sounds perfect, and gives me hope that there is one out there for me, somewhere... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The jeans look fab on you :) I don't own any jeans and I keep thinking I want a pair... Maybe one day! And that's so funny about the guy in the car... I bet he won't be doing that again anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Comfortable and classy all at once. I love it! :)
    -Emily

    www.vintagevisions27.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog, and I have immediately followed. I love your style so much!!! Not to mention, this jacket is to die for!

    -Emileigh
    www.flashbacksummer.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously awesome outfit! That jacket is over-the-moon cool!!! Mustard and denim is one of my favourite colour pairings ever. I was pretty much using it as my daily uniform (especially at the dog park, where delicate vintage garb is a major no-no!) last fall after I finally, at long last, found a thin mustard hued cardigan.

    You really look wonderful, dear gal!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous casual outfit. Great embroidery on the jacket pockets. Rather like your bag too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so so love this outfit !
    Your jacket is just awsome...love your shoes... you have a fantastic wardrobe !

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! Absolutely love this outfit, you look so classy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking stupendous lady!! So funny about the heckler, but love your giggling pics x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the jeans! I have to wear jeans every day for work and it can be hard to style them in keeping with my vintage style. Also love that scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your outfit! That jacket is amazing!! x

    ReplyDelete